View Thread
FunTibia - Have fun with us! » FunTibia » Contests
Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS]
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

25-01-2011 03:26 PM Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS] | Edited by Romano 15-02-2011 02:20 PM
Romano
Head Admin

AdminTibiopedia.pl AdminFunTibia.com Admin

WINNERS: ''.trimlink('http://funtibia.com/viewpage.php?page_id=4', 20).(strlen('http://funtibia.com/viewpage.php?page_id=4')>30?substr('http://funtibia.com/viewpage.php?page_id=4', strlen('http://funtibia.com/viewpage.php?page_id=4')-10, strlen('http://funtibia.com/viewpage.php?page_id=4')):'').''

One contest is over so it's a good idea to organise something new!
This time, we need the best Tibian graphic artists! We need you and you need us!

FunTibia.com will be updated, our system will be completely new and more advanced with numerous brand-new features. However, we decided to leave one of the most important parts of the update for you. Your task is to create an incredible layout for this fansite.

We offer very nice prizes:
  • first place: nightmare doll, dread doll, premium time (30 days) + golden trophy of excellence
  • second place: yellow rose, ferumbras doll, rune embleme + silver trophy of excellence
  • third place: panda teddy, rune embleme + bronze trophy of excellence

We would like to thank Tibiopedia.pl Team that sponsored their fansite item for the winner: Ferumbras Doll! We will select the winners together with Tibiopedia.pl and few fansite admins.

Rules, requirements and suggestions:
  • width: 960-980 px
  • it should have banner area ( we would love to have few banners to choose between, depending on the season of the year. What is more, don't forget about our funny dread lord!)
  • it must contain "Supported Fansite" logo (use your creativity to place it on baner, side panel, or whereever you want - just make it exposed)
  • the layout should be modern and make people happy (e.g. funny quotes, laughing warriors and positive colours in banner - these are just ideas)
  • it is recommended to include top menu and three columns (exactly the same as it is now, however, if you feel that it's not the best idea than you can suggest something else)
  • you can submit as many works and versions of one layout as you wish, it will help us to choose the best one
  • the more you prepare, the better for you: It means that we prefer submissions with sets of logos, userbars, etc.)
  • few important elements of the fansite: side panels (of different size), two navigation menus (left and top), pages for content, news and FORUM! Therefore, you should create basic layout for all pages with content, but also a page for news and forum. If you want to create few more pages e.g. page with special layout for the rules - feel free to do it.
  • welcome page like this one from TibiaVenezuela or setup page of Tibiopedia.pl could be included
  • it would be good if you designed space for some adverts
  • it must be a psd file with separate layers and elements (with good naming to help us implement it!)
  • use only your graphics (or those provided by us. You may ask friends for help but you need author's approval to publish this)
  • deadline: 13.02.2011 (Sunday) so hurry up!
  • send your submissions to romano@tibiopedia.pl. If your file is too big, please msg me privately.

IMPORTANT:
By participating, you agree to give us the right to implement the layout and edit it in any way. We will contact the winner, after he is selected, to add some changes to his/her layout. Only after we agree that everything is finished, the prizes will be sent.

Images that you can include in your layout:

img412.imageshack.us/img412/6356/funtibia1.png
img442.imageshack.us/img442/3706/funtibia2.png

Stylised executioner by Jan (Graphic artist of CipSoft - you can use it ONLY for this contest):
img217.imageshack.us/img217/1963/funtibia3.png

When I receive more pictures from Jan, I will post it here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

25-01-2011 03:27 PM RE: Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS] | Edited by Romano 26-01-2011 02:01 AM
Romano
Head Admin

FAQ

Q: Must be a layout and cant be piece of art?
A: Unfortunately, not. It must be a layout.

Q: You basicly want something like 3 images (one for the 'welcome' part, the main page, and the forums? I mean, it's just images, with colors etc, I don't have to program or give you any css/js/php (etc) file, it's just how the layout will be? So, for exemple, the main page. Each element that I'll add (like the Navigation menu) will be 1 layer, so you can implement it easier?
A: Yes. We want photoshop file with images. Each element should be saved as separate layer (like menu). You don't need any php files, etc. However, you can create more than 3 pages because you can prepare few versions of certain page or just make custom pages for the rules. It is up to you.

Q: I still don't really get it, are we making some sort of wallpaper for the site that pop up before we enter the site? Or are we making a header/banner for the site?
A: That's the point: you have to create the whole template/layout of this fansite. You have to design every single element: logo, banner, menu, background image and much more... No, it's not only about a banner or window that will pop up when we enter the fansite. It's just everything.

Q: Are there any other features we should include?
A: Well, you can think of a board that will present latest articles, photos, etc. You can see something like this on Tibiopedia.pl

Q:We need to do the forum layout too?
A:You have to create complete layout: forum page as well.

Q: Do you prefer navigation menu (this on the left) to be made from text or images?
A: Definiately images. This will allow you to use better styles of fonts and background images.

If you send me your submission few days before the deadline, I will reply and suggest what could be changed to improve your layout!

25-01-2011 04:33 PM RE: Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS]
Lizezzy
Jester

Warn Level 0 +
Must be a layout and cant be piece of art? :/

I just got skill in art, no idea how to make layouts!
Ohh well..

L.

25-01-2011 04:40 PM RE: Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS] | Edited by Romano 25-01-2011 04:42 PM
Romano
Head Admin

Sorry Liizy =(

25-01-2011 04:45 PM RE: Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS] | Edited by Lizezzy 25-01-2011 04:46 PM
Lizezzy
Jester

Warn Level 0 +
Yea.. :/ gotta team up with some1!
Tpedia item is must-to-have! Also one of my goals.
Can't really take part of Tpedias contest no more so this is my chance! >.<
See if i can find someone to help me! Smile

L.

25-01-2011 04:49 PM RE: Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS]
Romano
Head Admin

You can take part in our (Tibiopedia.pl) contests Wink

25-01-2011 04:55 PM RE: Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS]
miracula

Warn Level 0 +
Just to be sure that I got it.

You basicly want something like 3 images (one for the 'welcome' part, the main page, and the forums?

I mean, it's just images, with colors etc, I don't have to program or give you any css/js/php (etc) file, it's just how the layout will be?

So, for exemple, the main page. Each element that I'll add (like the Navigation menu) will be 1 layer, so you can implement it easier?

Just want to be sure of everything,
Hope that God bless you all,
Miracula.

25-01-2011 05:57 PM RE: Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS]
Romano
Head Admin

miracula, you are right.

We want photoshop file with images. Each element should be saved as separe layer (like menu). You don't need any php files, etc. However, you can create more than 3 pages because you can prepare few versions of certain page or just make custom pages for the rules. It is up to you.

25-01-2011 09:23 PM RE: Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS]
Li Dao

Warn Level 0 +
Cool !!! GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

25-01-2011 09:30 PM RE: Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS]
Krisph

Warn Level 0 +
I still don't really get it, are we making some sort of wallpaper for the site that pop up before we enter the site?

Or are we making a header/banner for the site?

This is pretty confusing in my opinion. Can't you do like TibiaML did, they uploaded a ZIP file that we could download and then we could see what we were going to do.

25-01-2011 10:51 PM RE: Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS]
Romano
Head Admin

That's the point: you have to create the whole template/layout of this fansite. You have to design every single element: logo, banner, menu, background image and much more... No, it's not only about a banner or window that will pop up when we enter the fansite. It's just everything Pfft

25-01-2011 11:35 PM RE: Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS]
Romano
Head Admin

FAQ UPDATED!

25-01-2011 11:46 PM RE: Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS] | Edited by Lanzador 25-01-2011 11:59 PM
Lanzador

Warn Level 0 +
nvm, i found it :>

great contest!

26-01-2011 01:58 AM RE: Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS] | Edited by Romano 26-01-2011 01:59 AM
Romano
Head Admin

[size=16]IMPORTANT INFORMATION![/size]

If you send me your submission few days before the deadline, I will reply and suggest what could be changed to improve your layout!

26-01-2011 02:00 AM RE: Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS]
Mounthrize
Jester

Warn Level 0 +
Count with me ;D

Just a question, is not exaclty about the contest. Look, I have used Photoshop only once, well, "used" haha.
Anyway, it's obiusly different to Gimp, but talking about control the layers: It's fine if I work on Gimp to create all the multimedia, then just move (with the right order) everything to Photoshop?

Thanks Smile
img847.imageshack.us/img847/3020/handpuppet01.pngVisit TibiaRP!img835.imageshack.us/img835/29/handpuppet02.png

26-01-2011 02:09 AM RE: Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS]
Romano
Head Admin

I think it should be ok. If anything is wrong, I will let you know...

26-01-2011 11:54 AM RE: Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS]
Itsuma Oki

Warn Level 0 +
Can i propose new logo?

26-01-2011 04:11 PM RE: Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS]
Romano
Head Admin

Yes, you can Smile You can also create userbars and small banners for signatures.

27-01-2011 08:37 PM RE: Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS]
Sahamadih

Fun seeker

Warn Level 0 +
Hello Romano,
1st of all, I just loved the prizes. They are so cute Grin

I will do my best.

I have one question, can I add some dynamic stuff like jQuery(javascript)/Flash etc?
I can provide you the code(or files), if it's needed.

27-01-2011 08:51 PM RE: Layout for FunTibia! [WINNERS]
Romano
Head Admin

Go ahead! =) If effects won't be visible in photoshop, please describe it in your email and provide mi with codes, ok?

Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Copyright © FunTibia.com 2010-2021, all rights reserved.
Tibia and TibiaME are trademarks of CipSoft GmbH.
Designed by Li Dao