View Thread
FunTibia - Have fun with us! » FunTibia » Contests
Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

11-07-2012 10:18 PM Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012 | Edited by Kariel Win 17-07-2012 10:15 PM
Kariel Win
Head Admin

Pro FunTibia StaffHonorary StaffAdmin

Congratulations to all participants for their efforts and creativity. Smile

Here are the winners: Grin

Best Friend Contest:

1st Place: Blade - Gang of blades-
i45.tinypic.com/amr67a.jpg

Character: Blade Lottus
World: Magera
City: Venore

2nd Place: jeffstarchips - Grim Reaper-
img811.imageshack.us/img811/6398/funtibia2.jpg

Char: Black Scofield
World: Harmonia
City: Thais

3rd Place:
Dahlia - Giant painter spider -
i46.tinypic.com/212e529.jpg

Char: Dahlia
World: Lunara
City: Liberty Bay

For the winners please confirm your information.

Choose a present Contest:

1st Place:
User: Fenelez
Char: Warrior
World: Antica

2nd Place:
User: luminis
Char: Luminis Et Anima
World: Unitera
City: Ab'Dendriel

3rd Place:
User: Spudmuffin
Char: Spuddsy
World: Honera
City: Liberty Bay

For the winners please confirm your information.

Thanks for everybody that joined the contest
Have Fun!
Kariel Win

12-07-2012 01:47 AM RE: Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012
abiston
Fun seeker

Warn Level 0 +
I was sooooooooooooo trolled now! I opened the thread 100% sure that I would see the winners. DD:

Hope you release it soon! Smile

12-07-2012 03:24 AM RE: Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012
Elais
Lord of Fun

Honorary Member

Warn Level 0 +
ahuaaahha the same happened to me!

Indeed! this is a tricky thread made by evul Kariel! XDDD

12-07-2012 07:19 AM RE: Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012
abiston
Fun seeker

Warn Level 0 +
I deserve a nightmare doll due to my semi heart-attack Pfft

12-07-2012 07:24 PM RE: Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012
Kariel Win
Head Admin

bumpGrin

12-07-2012 08:37 PM RE: Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012
abiston
Fun seeker

Warn Level 0 +
The winners of Best Friend Contest are really good, but I cannot say the same about the 1st place of Choose a present Contest. In my opinion, luminis and Spudmuffin's submissions were far much better than Fenelez's.

Anyway, congratulations to all the winners!

12-07-2012 08:45 PM RE: Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012
Kariel Win
Head Admin

abiston wrote:
The winners of Best Friend Contest are really good, but I cannot say the same about the 1st place of Choose a present Contest. In my opinion, luminis and Spudmuffin's submissions were far much better than Fenelez's.

So you didn't read the contest description...
It was made a lottery

12-07-2012 09:02 PM RE: Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012
abiston
Fun seeker

Warn Level 0 +
Kariel Win wrote:
abiston wrote:

So you didn't read the contest description...
It was made a lottery

Actually I misinterpreted it. I thought there would be prizes for the best submissions + a lottery for some participants (I had already seen something similar to that in other contests).

12-07-2012 09:14 PM RE: Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012
Trishula

- Warn Level 2 +
What exactly do you define as plagiarism? Because the first place is a total copy of cipsoft and LiDao's artwork

images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081210161526/tibia/en/images/3/38/Nightmare.jpg

funtibia.com/images/photoalbum/album_9/dread_doll_by_lidao-d38qv7p_t2.jpg

12-07-2012 09:21 PM RE: Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012 | Edited by luminis 12-07-2012 09:27 PM
luminis

Warn Level 0 +
Ty very much Grin

Good job all winners Grin

im publish my city and server? hmm... dont remember but... i'am:

Golden Emblem Rune: Magic Wall

Luminis Et Anima
Unitera
Ab'dendriel

Kariel, 4 u :* Wink

12-07-2012 09:30 PM RE: Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012
Kariel Win
Head Admin

Example: You will not make your own character, so you can use something that already exists on Tibia. So let’s say you think the monster Hydra it’s a good to be a new friend to our mascot, so you can make your art based on Hydra designs. And don’t forget to say why you choose the Hydra.

You could use monsters/item that already exists on game and draw in your way.

i50.tinypic.com/a41m4z.jpg

12-07-2012 11:19 PM RE: Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012
quike87

- Warn Level 2 +
Seriously are those the winners?! I'm not with it, the only one who deserves the price here is Torn teddy pic, 'cause it is original being broke with the blades.. but to start, first place for me it is totally a pilagrism and, you told we're talking about Tibia graphics, you said on the rules, I don't see any Tibia graphics on that pic.. anyway you're who decided it so... but 2nd place a carnivor plant copied totally from Super Mario game? OMG, on my opinion it is totally wrong to give that item to a COPY.

12-07-2012 11:22 PM RE: Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012
quike87

- Warn Level 2 +
And if you think just change a little bit the face from original cipsoft pic it is draw it by your own way... I give +1 to guy who also told about that!

13-07-2012 12:05 AM RE: Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012
Kariel Win
Head Admin

This was not a contest to see who is the best designer, who made the best picture.

13-07-2012 12:10 AM RE: Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012
Ameriov

Warn Level 0 +
Anyway, gratz for the winners!

13-07-2012 01:12 AM RE: Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012
blade

Warn Level 0 +
Thanks guys, i´m so happy!
And congratulations everyone, it was a nice contest.
I confirm my information as in the 1st post

Character: Blade Lottus
World: Magera

Btw, the rune emblem i choose is Sudden Death rune.

@ppl that are accusing me of plagiarism: I didn´t copy anything, the ideas were mine, and the drawings too, they were made from a blank document, they were scratched, and it took a long time to design it, paint it, and think about it. Of course i used some inspiration of cipsoft artwork and LiDao, which are works that i admire, but that does not mean that it was plagiarism, it was just simple references, mainly on anatomy. I can make the upload of the psd files. My work is valid

13-07-2012 02:04 AM RE: Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012
Mack Kard
Jester

Warn Level 0 +
Wao! really amazed by the winners of "Best Friend Contest"!
really didn't believe that none of those three would win xD anyway ... Congratulations to all winners!
and to avoid further disagreement with the "Choose a present Contest" why not add the link on the lottery!

Again... Congratulations to all winners!
and for everyone else, good luck for next! :3

13-07-2012 02:42 AM RE: Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012 | Edited by Luzei 13-07-2012 02:53 AM
Luzei
Fun seeker

- Warn Level 1 +
Hey!
Congratulations everyone.

edit: wops. nvm yes, my info was correct.

13-07-2012 03:03 AM RE: Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012 | Edited by Luzei 13-07-2012 03:10 AM
Luzei
Fun seeker

- Warn Level 1 +
quike87 wrote:
Seriously are those the winners?! I'm not with it, the only one who deserves the price here is Torn teddy pic, 'cause it is original being broke with the blades.. but to start, first place for me it is totally a pilagrism and, you told we're talking about Tibia graphics, you said on the rules, I don't see any Tibia graphics on that pic.. anyway you're who decided it so... but 2nd place a carnivor plant copied totally from Super Mario game? OMG, on my opinion it is totally wrong to give that item to a COPY.

About the 1st place. ( BLADE )
Is not plagiarism.
I agree with Kariel~
Example: You will not make your own character, so you can use something that already exists on Tibia. So let’s say you think the monster Hydra it’s a good to be a new friend to our mascot, so you can make your art based on Hydra designs. And don’t forget to say why you choose the Hydra.

The work was pretty good and the idea aswell.
btw congratulations.

But...
the second place? really?

【ツ】The item has to be made by you! - any kind of plagiarism is not allowed

Plagiarize [plagiary] : to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (a created production) without crediting the source vi: to commit literary theft: present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source - pla·gia·riz·er n

I kinda agree with the guy I quoted, a "carnivor plant copied totally from Super Mario game? Omg", he just added the body of THE POKEMON "BELLSPROUT"
''.trimlink('http://img.hardcore-gamer.net/tienda/images/merch/nintendo/peluche_mario_bros_corgi_piranha_pete.jpg', 20).(strlen('http://img.hardcore-gamer.net/tienda/images/merch/nintendo/peluche_mario_bros_corgi_piranha_pete.jpg')>30?substr('http://img.hardcore-gamer.net/tienda/images/merch/nintendo/peluche_mario_bros_corgi_piranha_pete.jpg', strlen('http://img.hardcore-gamer.net/tienda/images/merch/nintendo/peluche_mario_bros_corgi_piranha_pete.jpg')-10, strlen('http://img.hardcore-gamer.net/tienda/images/merch/nintendo/peluche_mario_bros_corgi_piranha_pete.jpg')):'').''

''.trimlink('http://www.deviantart.com/download/171643402/Singing_Bellsprout_by_sindytu.jpg', 20).(strlen('http://www.deviantart.com/download/171643402/Singing_Bellsprout_by_sindytu.jpg')>30?substr('http://www.deviantart.com/download/171643402/Singing_Bellsprout_by_sindytu.jpg', strlen('http://www.deviantart.com/download/171643402/Singing_Bellsprout_by_sindytu.jpg')-10, strlen('http://www.deviantart.com/download/171643402/Singing_Bellsprout_by_sindytu.jpg')):'').''

You can't deny thats plagiarism.

and the rules said:
【ツ】Remember that we are a Tibia fansite ;P (so don’t use graphics from other games)

He used another graphic games (Super Mario~)

_
There are a lot of good ideas, is not really fair that the Mario plant won. I think someone else deserves a chance. We should talk it with cipsoft or so and see what they say?

Is not fair... Sad

13-07-2012 03:34 AM RE: Results FunTibia Birth Contests 2012
quike87

- Warn Level 2 +
Thanks Luzei to be with me on it, 'cause is totally crazy that guy won... TOTALLY... I think is is totally trick...
Anyway, nice work the the judges! They said it's getting harder to get a choice... Yes, sure.

Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Copyright © FunTibia.com 2010-2021, all rights reserved.
Tibia and TibiaME are trademarks of CipSoft GmbH.
Designed by Li Dao